Tuesday 3 March 2015

Wonderful Wednesday in Team Toru!

We had a great day of learning in Team Toru today!  For our Writing we had a picture to think about... it was a picture of a monkey with a whole lot of bananas.  Then Mrs G introduced a special visitor from Team Tekau - George!  Thank you to Team Tekau for sharing George with us this morning :-) 



George is related to the baby monkey in the picture - he even came along with his own yellow banana!  

Here are some of the great stories from our fabulous class - 

Luke - The cheeky monkey is stealing my banana.

Corban - "I am not going to share my bananas.  These are my bananas" said the cousin monkey.

Fenton - I like the monkey.  It is cute.

Lily - "The cheeky monkey is going to steal my bananas" said the monkey.  My bananas now.

Joshie - The cheeky monkey is stealing the bananas.  Oo aa oo aa.  The monkey is so funny.

Abi - I don't like the monkey because the cheeky monkey went in my house and took the nana and I didn't like that because its very very naughty.

Jesse - The monkey is stealing bananas from the supermarket.

Shyne - The monkey is cheeky.

Herana - I like my cheeky monkey.

Keyshia - The cute big eyed monkey stole and monkey is cute.

Olive - The monkey stole all the bananas.

Sophie - I think the monkey is stealing all the bananas from the supermarket just like Katie.

Alex - The cute monkey is stealing the bananas.

Eraihia - The monkey is stealing some bananas from my Nan.

After morning tea we began our Reading time.  Here is a photo of the Hortons and the Lorax Reading groups working at our whiteboard table!





2 comments:

  1. HI Team Toru! George had a lovely time visiting your classroom and seeing all the clever tamariki write their stories. I'm glad the cheeky monkey did not steal his banana! Keep up the wonderful writing! Perhaps you could come and share your super duper stories with us one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Perry
      You can come and hear our stories anytime. We would love to read them to you.
      From Team Toru

      Delete